The knowledge required to obtain the Araradian Rank will qualify Homenetmen Chief Scouts to offer guidance support to other Chief Scouts. Candidates for the Araradian Rank must be prepared and experienced enough to take on more responsibilities, both within the organization and other structures of the Armenian community.
Applicants of the Araradian Rank are obliged to:
- Have the Certified Rank
- Have the rank of Chief Scout
- Have been active Chief Scouts for at least two years
- Have been in charge of a chapter camping trip or a regional jamboree, or a member of the organizing committee
- Have a solid knowledge of the Homenetmen and scouting Charter and Bylaws.
Study, research, and be able to present the following:
- The Homenetmen history, organizational goals, and structure
- The Homenetmen General Charter and Bylaw, as well as other core bylaws of the organization
- The tasks and activities required to be performed by the committee
- The rapport between the Chief Scout, the Unit Chief Scout, the Chapter Chief Scout, and the Council of Chief Scouts.
Have good knowledge of all the topics mentioned below, and then select a favorite topic on which to write a research paper and prepare a presentation for the team members.
- Armenian history
- Armenian Dynasties
- Language and literature
- Architecture and sculpting
- Music, songs, and dances
- The ideology behind the Armenian revolutionary and liberation movements, their goals and operations, as well as historical events and heroes:
- The raid of Gougounian
- The attack on the Ottoman Bank
- The raid of Khanasor
- The February Revolution
- The founding fathers of the Armenian Revolutionary Party: Krisdapor, Rosdom, and Zavarian
- The struggle for the Armenian Cause – from Soghomon Tehlirian to the Lisbon-Five and the freedom-fighters of the Artsakh Liberation War.
- Armenia, the Armenian Diaspora, the Armenian Cause, contemporary history of Armenia
- Have the skills to plan, organize, and implement a scouting activity and prepare its portfolio
- Have the skills to plan, organize, and host a public event
- Have good knowledge of the World Organization of the Scout Movement Charter and Bylaw.
Research and study the following:
- International civic movements and ideologies
- Major international political organizations
- Nationality and citizenship
Research and study the following:
- The psychological structure of human beings
- The basic human needs and instincts
- The qualities of a leader
- Public relations and communications
- Conflict resolution between individuals or groups
- Learn the seven sacraments of the Armenian Apostolic church:
- Holy Orders
- Anointing of the Sick
- Learn about other religions. Compare Christianity with other religions, as well as sects within Christianity:
- Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Read and study the Constitution of the Armenian Church
The following kouyrer and Yeghpayrner have received the “Araradian Gark”-
August 8, 2010- Taline Hindoyan (Western United States), Aline Baghdasarian (Eastern United States), Hagop Cheblakian, Jano kechejian (Lebanon), Avedis Dervishian (Syria), Romanos Bedrosian (Armenia), Agustin Analian (Southern America), Harout Baghamian, and Roupen Nalbandian (Jerusalem).
August 9, 2014- Nayiri Manoukian, Ardashes Ghazarian, Ivana krikorian, Natalie Hindoyan, Garine Kendoyan, Sossi Bekarian, Lara Panosian, Talar Kalousdian (Western United States), Sosse Bojekian, Smpad Tramgochian (Eastern United States), Alik der Bedrosian, Garen Aprahamian, Hagop Chatalian, Tamar Keshishian, Puzant Megerdichian, Arda Zeytounlian, Zaven der Bedrosian, Razmig Donigian, Shogher Taslakian (Lebanon), Hovig Pampalian ( Syria), Nareh Khelghatlian, Sahag Madarian, Alexan Kouyoumjian, Vicken Hovhanessian (Armenia), Mariano Donigian (Southern America), Garineh Siserian, and Boghos Mahboubian (Paris).
July 28, 2018- Rita Ghougasian, Taniel Shahkeltian, Anoush Ghazarian (Western United States), Armen Baleozian, Anoush Berberian, Vartan Kargotsian (Canada), Sebouh Donigian, Melkon Babehian, Roupen Babehian, Narod Demirdjian, Ani Andonian, George Malian, Vartoug Frnzlian, Bedig Kasbarian, Menar Boyadjian, Aline Arabaghlian, Lucy Beorkubeoukian, Gacia Timijian, Serge Gharibian (Lebanon), Dzovig Tepirjian (Syria), Michael Demirdjian, Hagop Toutoushian, and Nicolas Garen Nakkashian (Southern America).